Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Dolci Mango

Dolci Mango is a new frozen yogurt shop in Pacific Beach, on Garnet Avenue. I was walking by the other day, actually thinking I would get myself a soft serve ice cream, because it's summer. The cute girls working there convinced me to try a free sample, and the free sample convinced me to get a frozen yogurt instead of an ice cream.

The most amazing thing about Dolci Mango's frozen yogurt is that it really tastes like yogurt. Most frozen yogurt is either bland or super-sweet tasting. This yogurt has a nice creamy tang to it, just like a good yogurt.

They only have two options for flavors of yogurt: plain and green tea. But then they have a whole bar of toppings you can choose from. They have fresh fruit, candy, crunchy stuff like cereal (including Captain Crunch). You pay per topping, or you can get 3 or more for the price of three.

The girls convinced me to get some fresh mango on top, and it was also really good, although the yogurt was so good that I liked it better plain. So I just ate the mango off the top and then ate the plain yogurt.

I will definitely be going back.

UPDATE:
Dolci Mangoe now typically has 4 flavors: Plain, Green Tea, Acai or Pomegranate, and Peanut Butter or Mango. It is true that Dolci Mango has some of the best plain fro-yo in San Diego. However, as reported in other yogurt reviews, it is still not good enough to justify the difference in price. Also, the experience is a let down compared to the self serve locations.

Dolci Mango
1420 Garnet Ave
(between Gresham St & Haines St)
San Diego, CA 92109
(858) 483-6265

No comments: