Tuesday, May 22, 2007

The Green Tea House Cafe

The Green Tea House Cafe in Kearny Mesa is one of my favorite boba tea shops in town. Word on the street is that they were sold about a year ago, shortly after the Tapioca Express went in three shops down from the Green Tea House Cafe in the same complex. (This is very poor management by the complex owners, IMHO.) I tried the Tapioca Express once, and Green Tea House is way better. it is much more natural tasting (though not sure if any boba is really all that natural...)

The Green Tea House sometimes has DJs or other events on the weekends and in the evenings. I could take or leave these events; I just go for the boba. What I love is that they have a great selection of flavors (tremendous, really). You can get green, black or mixed boba and with or without milk (actually non-dairy creamer, as is standard at boba tea shops). My favorites are the flower teas, like jasmine green or rose black, with milk.

The Green Tea House Cafe
4646 Convoy St
San Diego, CA 92126
(858) 715-9500

No comments: